IV Therapy, also known as intravenous therapy, is the administration of delivering nutrients and hydration directly into the bloodstream for immediate absorption and use by the body.
Sometimes known simply as ‘Drip Therapy’ or ‘Vitamin Therapy’, IV Nutrition Therapy is your key to personal wellbeing. Simply put, it’s a fast, effective and scientifically proven way of getting essential vitamins and minerals into your body, because it bypasses the digestive system and goes directly into the organs, resulting in a 90-100% absorption rate (as opposed to only 20-50% possible orally).
According to a recent survey one-third of UK workers experiencing anxiety, depression or stress. it’s not a coincidence there is a growing need for preventative and therapeutic IV vitamin clinics, that help to boost energy levels and stimulate the immune system.
Although the media portrays IV Therapy as the latest health craze popular among stressed urban professionals, athletes and Hollywood celebrities, the practice has existed for centuries.
Who Would Benefit From IV Therapy?
Originally, intravenous nutrients were used mainly in hospitals for patients who were dehydrated, nutrient-deficient or unable to take medications orally.
Nowadays, pretty healthy people can boost their wellness and energy levels from IV Vitamin Therapy.
The stress of modern living can lower your immune system and general wellbeing: IV Therapy can give that much-needed boost, making it a realistic and practical option.
While stress alone doesn’t cause us to catch a cold or a flu virus, it definitely weakens the immune system’s ability to respond to viruses, leaving us more vulnerable to infection and illness.
So, if you want to boost your immunity, replace lost fluids and electrolytes after a boozy night out or support recovery from high-performance athletics – IV Vitamin Therapy can help to restore your body’s nutrient levels to their optimal
What Is the Process of IV Therapy?
Even though the process of IV therapy involves placing a needle into the arm or elsewhere on the body, the slight discomfort is only felt when the skin is first punctured.
Prior to the treatment, all clients have their medical history evaluated.
IV Push and IV Drip – 2 Main Types of IV Therapy
There are 2 main types of IV Therapy, known as IV Push and IV Drip.
The main differences are the duration of the treatment and the amount of injected fluids.
Both IV Push and IV Drip treatments allow for 90-100% vitamin absorption.
IV Drips are performed for 45-60 minutes and an average of 250-1000 ml of fluids are injected per session.
During a drip, clients can read, work or relax.
The Most Common IV Vitamin Cocktail Drips?
- Myers Cocktail IV – This drip consists of magnesium, B vitamins and vitamin C, and is purported to treat a wide range of medical conditions, including immunity and energy levels.
- Hydration IV Drip – It can benefit those recovering from a loss of fluids through vomiting, diarrhoea, hangover, but also athletes wanting to maximise their performance.
- NAD+ Anti-ageing IV Therapy – This contains Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+), which is an essential enzyme present in all human cells. Its primary function is to repair damaged cells and reverse the effects of oxidisation in the body.
- Detoxification Booster IV Infusion – A drip that combines essential fluids, vitamins and minerals that have been found to lower your toxic load. Toxins are stored in fat cells, which makes it harder for you to lose weight.
- Immunity Booster IV – A cocktail that includes powerful antioxidants, such as glutathione, cysteine and arginine, which helps to protect you from flu and other viruses.
- Hair loss - This IV
- will power hair regrowth and let you hair shine from the inside out
- Weightloss Detox Fat Burning - Contains the right amount of vitamins, minerals and amino acids to help you achieve fat burning and detoxification.
- Athlete Sport - This IV will power you to peak physical performance. Packet with high concentrations of Amino Acids for those with an active lifestyle.
- Performance Booster - This IV is packed with energy boosting B vitamins and amino acids. Rediscover your get up and
- Mood Support - Relax your body and calm your mind with just the right amount of mood enhancing amino acids.
What Are the Benefits of IV Therapy?
One of the main benefits of IV Therapy is fast, more effective results without gastrointestinal side effects, absorption issues or loss of potency.
The process allows the nutrients to go right into your bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system allowing you to have more energy, think more clearly, and enjoy a better mood.
The benefits will differ depending on the condition treated, the protocol used, the overall health of the client, and how many treatments are done. Some reported benefits include:
- Stronger immunity (warding off a cold or flu)
- Enhanced mood
- Increased sports recovery time
- More energy
- Improved concentration and mental focus
- Increased calmness and relaxation
- Balanced blood sugar
- Improved sleep patterns
- Improved jetlag
- Improved hangover
- Reduced instances of migraines
- Boosted fertility and hormonal imbalance
- Improved complexion
- Reduced signs of ageing
- Menopause - Clarity Sleep Energy
- Improve hair loss
- Support weightloss
How Long Does the IV Therapy Effects Last?
Typically, the effects become fully noticeable after the 12 – 24 hours after infusion, although, many people report feeling better right after treatment.
The effects last for 8 days to 3 weeks depending on the condition, cocktail and type of IV Therapy.
How Much Does the IV Therapy Cost?
The IV Therapy cost varies between £50-£300 per session depending on the cocktail. However, a majority of treatments are between £125-£200
Is IV Therapy Safe?
Today, the administration of intravenous fluids via IV infusion is common and generally safe, but it is possible to have too much of a good thing, which can increase the risk of adverse effects.
If you have any medical condition, it is always advised to consult with your doctor prior to treatment to avoid any complications.
Also, because of the puncture of your skin – there’s a risk of infection. Although the risk of skin or blood infection is unlikely, it’s important to only consult with a qualified medical professional, who ensures a safe and healthy vitamin infusion.
At Elite , every patient will have a thorough medical assessment with our nursing team led by Emma who has trainned with the world renowned Dr Jacque Otto. Feel invigorated and ready to take on the world with expert IV drip therapy that’s tailored to you. Once used as a secret weapon by the rich and famous to combat burnout and exhaustion, we at Elite have made these treatment available to all.
Book a consultation today.