Hormonal Wellness Consultation
Elite Aesthetic Clinic launches a private wellness clinic.
An imbalances in your hormones and the symptoms associated can really impact the quality of life in both women and men.
Elite are delighted to announce we have partnered with Bio ID Health to offer an incredible, Innovative and long awaiting Private Hormone Clinic / Service to Ireland
We feel privileged to partner with Dr Kinsella founder of Bio ID with over 15 years’ experience in the aesthetics industry, Dr. Kinsella is one of the UK’s most sought-after aesthetic and anti-ageing practitioners. Under Dr. Kinsella’s leadership, the team at Bio-ID are experts in testing, formulation and compounding of all Bio-ID products and are fully committed to the safety and quality of treatments they prescribe.
Understanding your Hormones
Hormones are powerful chemical messengers within the body that regulate its day-to-day functions in both women and men. These include mental and physical wellbeing, sleep patterns and sex drive.
As we age our hormone levels naturally decrease. This results in unwanted symptoms that can lead to reduced quality of life and accelerate the aging process.
Whilst as men age they experience decreases in certain hormones like testosterone - known as Andropause. Women go through Menopause it creates crashes in testosterone, progesterone and oestrogen levels which if left untreated leads to symptoms and reduction of quality of life.
Lifestyle changes to help menopause and perimenopause
Eating well, exercising and looking after your mental wellbeing can help with symptoms during perimenopause and menopause.
It can also help you keep as well as possible in the future.
get plenty of rest, including keeping to regular sleep routines
eat a healthy diet
have calcium-rich food like milk, yoghurt and kale to keep bones healthy
exercise regularly, try including weight-bearing activities where your feet and legs support your weight like walking, running or dancing
do relaxing things like yoga, tai chi or meditation
talk to other people going through the same thing, like family, friends or colleagues
talk to a doctor before taking herbal supplements or complementary medicines
do not smoke
do not drink more than the recommended alcohol limit
How to ease mood changes
It's common to have mood swings, low mood and anxiety around the time of the menopause and perimenopause.
You can try to:
- get plenty of rest
- exercise regularly
- do relaxing activities
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is a type of talking therapy that can help with a low mood and feelings of anxiety. It can also help with sleep problems.
How to ease hot flushes and night sweats
- wear light clothing
- keep your bedroom cool at night
- take a cool shower, use a fan or have a cold drink
- try to reduce your stress level
- avoid or reduce potential triggers, such as spicy food, caffeine, hot drinks, smoking and alcohol
- exercise regularly
- lose weight if you're overweight
CBT can also help manage hot flushes.
How to ease vaginal dryness
There are vaginal moisturisers or lubricants you can get without a prescription at a pharmacy.
You can talk to a pharmacist in private if you'd like help to decide which moisturiser is right for you.
If you're having sex and using condoms, do not use oil-based lubricant as this can damage condoms. You can use a water-based lubricant.
There are other treatments for vaginal dryness that a doctor can prescribe, such as HRT (hormone replacement therapy) or hormonal treatment (creams, pessaries, gel or vaginal rings).
Protecting against weak bones
You can try to:
- exercise regularly, including weight-bearing exercises, where your feet and legs support your weight (like walking, running or dancing) and resistance exercises (for example, using weights)
- eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of fruit, vegetables and sources of calcium, such as milk, yoghurt and kale
- get some sunlight on your skin as this triggers the production of vitamin D, which can help keep your bones healthy
- take vitamin D supplements
- stop smoking and cut down on alcohol
Taking HRT can reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
Complementary and alternative therapies
Complementary and alternative treatments, such as herbal remedies, are not recommended for symptoms of the menopause or perimenopause.
This is because it's not clear how safe and effective they are.
Red clover and black cohosh are herbal remedies but there is no strong evidence that they work.
Some complementary and alternative therapies can also interact with other medicines and cause side effects.
We will be offering services for the following:
As men age, they often encounter a challenging period known as andropause, or male menopause, which involves significant hormonal changes. We aim to alleviate the unpleasant symptoms experienced by men going through the andropause.
As women experience over 30 symptoms when going through the menopause, it can be confusing to know where to run. But Elite & BioID health are here to help you navigate though them all.
The time in life when the female body begins the natural transition to menopause – usually around the age of 40, this isn’t a time to suffer.
Hormonal Blood Tests
We can conduct hormone blood tests to measure the following levels within your body: Testosterone, Oestrogen, Progesterone, DHEA, Vitamin D & Thyroxine.
We can conduct a blood test which will assess your Vitamin levels (Vit D, Vit B12, Folate).
How do I access the service?
Contact us. We’ll firstly conduct a thorough consultation and assessment of your hormone levels by performing a comprehensive blood test.
• We will forward this to the labs who will ascertain whether you are suffering from any specific hormonal imbalances and vitamin deficiencies.
• Once the experts have your blood test results, they will provide you with a tailored treatment plan.
• This will be designed to optimise your hormone levels, with the aim of eliminating your menopause, perimenopause or andropause symptoms and restoring optimal health.
• To ensure your long-term health and wellbeing, a follow-up blood test after two months of treatment will be arranged, to give an indication as to whether your prescription is reducing your symptoms effectively. If necessary, your medication will be adjusted accordingly.
• One of the factors that sets us apart from our competitors is that once you’ve paid for your initial consultation & hormone blood test, you won’t be charged for further blood tests or follow up appointments.
• The follow-up blood test is included in the treatment plan, and patients are entitled to a monthly follow up with a clinician if they feel this would be beneficial.
If this service is just what you have been waiting for let’s re-balance your hormones and help you get back to feeling your normal self.
Book your consultation with the team on 07712332154.